Acceptance Letter Saga

Jan 9th – UofL tour!  Super excited!  Talk to everyone I lay eyes on, with mixed results, and turn in the last of my documents to the admissions office.  Go to lunch, throw up for no obvious reason.  Continue to walk around campus and meet Terri, the super amazing equine program coordinator.  Be generally excited, giddy and annoying to all I meet.  I’m an incoming freshman, it’s my job.

Jan 11th – Jan 30th – Check my email every 30 seconds all day, all night, jump when my phone buzzes and tells me I have mail.  Check my snail mail twice a day, even though the mail only comes once a day.  Refuse to call UofL for updates for the risk of being annoying.

Feb 2nd – Finally call UofL.  Told that they are behind because of the Great Ice Storm of ’09, to call tomorrow or later in the week.  Freak out because, as a Georgia girl, I’ve seen snow less than a dozen times.

Feb 3rd – Called back.  Informed of my acceptance, that the letter was mailed that morning and will be there Monday.  Dance around like crazy, be generally excited and party.

Feb 4th- 9th – Patiently wait on the letter, still checking the mail too many times.

Feb 10th – Call UofL after hearing rumor that letters sent immediately after the ice storm were being returned to colleges because of mail confusion.  Be assured that if it isn’t there by Thursday to call back.

Feb 12th – Call back at 3pm, get voice mail.  Check mail again, call back at 4:30pm and 4:50pm.  Voicemail.

Feb 13th – Write this, wondering if I’ll get my letter on Friday the 13th or if I’ll have to wait until Monday.  Plan to call the admissions office at 8:59 am.

I’m pretty much convinced at this point that the USPS is holding my acceptance letter to UofL hostage.  I’m not sure for what (a cookie?) but there is no reason it shouldn’t be here.  It should have been here Friday, but here we are early next Friday morning without it.  I get my mail at a place that is in a shopping center close to my horses, so I have to drive by there every day regardless.  I call every day some time between 1pm and 2:30pm, hoping the mail truck has arrived, usually to be told to call back a little later and maybe it will come.  When the truck does get there, I’ve been left alone, letterless.

I’m impatient for a number of reasons.  Firstly, I’m just damned impatient.  B, I have to apply for the Academic Common Market in order to get in-state tuition, and the earlier I do that the better.  Thirdly, I am excited to be going to college.  Also, see #1.

I’ll update with Acceptance Letter Saga Part 2 soon, hopefully.  As soon as I get it.  Which, the way this is going, may not be until I graduate.


One response to “Acceptance Letter Saga

  1. Great blog and hope to have some time soon to come back and read more!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s